KWFinder is the ultimate tool for finding thousands of low competitive long-tail keywords in almost any niche. But is it worth the price? Let’s find it out in our detailed review along with a tutorial on how to use KWFinder.
KWFinder is undoubtedly one of the powerful keyword research tools out there.
If you’re looking for an honest review of KWFinder, you’ve come to the right place.
If you’re struggling with search traffic, there could be two major reasons.
- You’re not doing any keyword research
- You’re not finding the RIGHT keywords to target
No matter what niche you are in, keyword research is a MUST.
And… you need access to the right keyword research tool to find better keywords.
Here’s where KWFinder comes into play. It offers you everything you need to find low competitive long-tail keywords in any niche. The best part? It is extremely affordable.
Okay, let’s get into the details of the KWFinder review so you can decide whether it’s the right tool for you or not. You’ll also find a 10-day free trial inside!
KWFinder Review: Does This Keyword Research Tool Live Up to the Hype in 2020 [Including 10 Days Free Trial]
What is KWFinder?
Before we get into further details including the features, pros, and cons, let’s talk about the tool itself.
KWFinder is a keyword research tool developed by Mangools which is used for finding thousands of long-tail keywords with low SEO difficulty.
Mangools is a trusted brand that is used by big brands like Adidas, Alexa, Airbnb and it offers you the following 5 tools at one price.
- KWFinder (useful for finding the right keywords for your website)
- SERPWatcher (useful for creating your first tracking to see daily keyword rankings)
- LinkMiner (useful for finding your competitor’s backlinks)
- SERPChecker (useful for seeing local search results for 50K locations)
- SiteProfiler (useful for getting deeper SEO insights of any website)
KWFinder in figures:
- 2.5 billion related keywords (their keyword database is growing rapidly with the addition of over 20 million related keywords every month)
- ~100 million competitor keywords checked each month
- ~52,000 supported locations (including cities and countries)
Although it’s NOT as big as Ahrefs (over 10.2 billion keywords in its database) or SEMrush (over 18.8 billion keywords in their database) but it’s really a handy tool when it comes to finding low competitive keywords in almost any niche.
KWFinder Features List
KWFinder comes equipped with many incredible features. Here are some of the most useful features of KWFinder:
- Find hundreds of long-tail keywords in any industry
- The ability to search keywords by domain so you can easily find your competitor’s keywords
- You can find the monthly search volume of any keyword including the trend
- Offers you a keyword difficulty score which helps you easily discover low competitive keywords
- Find the CPC value of any keyword
- Discover the level of competition for any keyword in PPC (useful if you’re running Google Ads)
- You can see the SERP overview of any keyword and find all the top-ranking pages for that particular keyword
- You can easily organize keywords with keyword lists
- The ability to import keywords in bulk
- Offers you a wide range of keyword metrics including DA, PA, TrustFlow, Estimated Visits and so on
- You can also discover keyword search history for popular trends
Try KWFinder Free for 10-Days (No credit card required!)
How to Use KWFinder to Find Hundreds of Easy-to-Rank Keywords?
Any keyword research process consists of two major steps.
- Finding keywords
- Analyzing each one of those keywords (so you can decide what keywords to target)
Let’s discuss how you can do proper keyword research using KWFinder so you’ll learn how to find and analyze the RIGHT keywords to increase your search traffic.
Here’s a simple tutorial on using KWFinder for keyword research.
Quick note: Make sure to Grab a free trial of KWFiner so you can get more out of this tutorial.
To begin, enter a keyword of your choice in the “Search by Keyword” tab, pick any location (mostly where your target audience is), and click on “Find keywords”.
As you can see, we’re going with an example keyword “WordPress hosting” and selected the US region in the English language.
You’ll get up to 700 keyword suggestions based on your plan and you can find all those keywords in three sections;
- Related keywords
Note: All the keyword suggestions that you get from KWFinder’s “Related keywords” tab are based on KWFinder’s databases while the keyword suggestions you get from “Autocomplete” and “Questions” are based on Google Suggest.
KWFinder generated around 609 “Related keywords” for our example keyword.
Related keywords can be extremely helpful to find keyword ideas that are relatively similar to the target keyword you’re trying to rank for.
KWFinder generated around 240 keywords in the “Autocomplete” section. These are the keywords that are fetched from Google search.
And it generated 25 keywords in the “Questions” tab.
Question-based keywords can be extremely helpful for writing FAQ schema or if you’re looking to get featured snippets for your content, creating content around Question-based keywords.
While picking keywords from any of the 3 above-mentioned sections, make sure to focus on the following three things.
- Volume (monthly search volume for the keyword)
- CPC (keyword value, cost per click value for the keyword)
- KD (Keyword Difficulty)
Luckily, Mangools developed an accurate KD metric which is calculated from the link profile of URLs which are ranking at the top of Google search results.
Here’s a useful KD chart that can help you find easy to rank keywords using KWFinder.
A quick tip: If you’re looking to find low competitive keywords that are easier to rank for, make sure to find keywords with a KD score of less than 40. You may still need to build links to get first page rankings in the SERP results but these keywords can be much easier to rank when compared to other keywords with a higher KD% score.
Keep an eye on the competition
While doing keyword research, it’s extremely important to know the top ranking sites for any keyword that you want to rank for.
Why? If there are any new sites or less authority sites are ranking in the top 10 search results, you can also target those keywords. But if you only see high authority sites in the first page search results, you should better avoid those keyword terms.
KWFinder shows your competitors in the SERP overview. Have look;
As you can see above, for an example keyword, a less DA (Domain Authority) site is ranking in the top 10 search results. So you can also target such keywords by creating 10x better content.
If you’re wondering about all the SERP metrics shown above in the SERP overview, here’s a brief breakdown of those metrics.
- DA (Domain Authority): DA metric is developed by the Moz team which predicts how well the domain will rank in the SERP compared to others on a scale of 0 to 100 (100 being the highest).
- PA (Page Authority): This metric is also developed by Moz which predicts how well the specific page will rank in the SERP compared to others on a scale of 0 to 100 (100 being the highest).
- CF (Citation Flow): This is a Majestic tool metric that predicts how influential is the URL based on the number of backlinks on a scale of 0 to 100
- TF (Trust Flow): Another Majestic tool metric that predicts how influential is the URL based on the quality of backlinks on a scale of 0 to 100
- Links: This shows you the total number of external backlinks to the URL
- FB: Shows you the number of Facebook shares for the URL
- LPS (Link Profile Strength): It estimates how difficult it is to rank (min = 0; max = 100)
- EV (Estimated Visits): This shows the estimated visits per month
Finding your competitors keywords
One of the best ways to find traffic-generating keyword ideas is to discover your competitor keywords.
You can easily find your competitors’ best performing keywords with KWFinder.
Here’s how you can do it.
Once you’re on the KWFinder, click on Search by Domain tab and enter a URL or your competitors’ domain. Hit the “Find Keywords” button.
Viola, you’ll be provided with a list of all the top-performing keywords of that particular domain.
As you can see above, you can find all the keywords that your competitors are ranking for.
You’ll also get more information such as;
- Close competitors to your competitor
- Organic keywords that your competitors are ranking for
- Paid keywords they are using on Google Ads (if any)
You can sort all those keywords by;
- Keyword ranking positions
- Search volume
- EV (Estimated visits per month)
- KD (keyword difficulty)
Also, you can use the “Filter” feature to filter all the keyword results so you can easily narrow down the exact keywords that match your keyword criteria.
Here’s how it looks like;
Did you like our KWFinder tutorial to find better keywords? Then, why not give it a try? You can use the following link to create a free trial with Mangools.
Click Here to Try KWFinder Free for 10-Days (No credit card required!)
Is KWFinder the ONLY tool you need for keyword research?
Although KWFinder is great for beginners and website owners, it’s NOT an ultimate keyword research tool because of its limits in providing keyword ideas.
For instance, when you use premium tools like SEMrush, you get access to HUGE keyword data.
In most of the cases, you’ll get 10x keyword suggestions. If we take the same example we used above for the KWFinder tutorial which is “WordPress hosting”, we get the following result in SEMrush.
As you can see above, SEMrush keyword tool generated;
- More than 12,000 keyword variations
- More than 2000 question-based keywords
In the comparison for the same keyword, KWFinder generated us only;
- Around 600 keyword variations
- 25 question-based keywords
So that’s a HUGE difference as you get access to 10x more keyword suggestions with SEMrush.
But here’s the thing: KWFinder isn’t bad. It’s indeed a great tool for its pricing.
If we do the pricing comparison, SEMrush basic plan costs you around $100/mo whereas the basic plan from KWFinder (Magools) costs you only around $30/mo.
From a pricing perspective, KWFinder from Mangools is way better than most other premium SEO tools.
So if you’re looking for an accurate keyword research tool within a small budget, KWFinder is a great choice for you.
But if you’re looking for an ultimate tool to generate thousands of keyword ideas, you should probably try other SEO tools like SEMrush.
KWFinder Pricing Plans
KWFinder is a part of Mangools Tools and they offer a collection of 5 incredible SEO tools which are listed below.
- KWFinder (This tool is used for Keyword Research)
- SERPChecker (This tool is used for SERP Analysis)
- SERPWatcher (This tool is used for Rank Tracking)
- LinkMiner (This tool is used for Backlink Analysis)
- SiteProfiler (This tool is used for SEO metrics & Insights)
So there’s no exclusive pricing for the KWFinder tool as you’ll need an account with Mangools to start using KWFinder.
Mangools offers 3 pricing plans which are;
- Mangools Basic
- Mangools Premium
- Mangools Agency
Let’s briefly talk about their pricing plans along with their limits so you can pick the right one according to your needs.
1. Mangools Basic: This is their basic plan which is highly suitable for beginners and their annual plan costs you just $29.90 per month (and $358.80 billed upon purchase) where you’ll get the following features.
- Keyword lookups per day: 100 (you can perform up to 100 keyword searches within 24 hours using KWFinder)
- Keyword suggestions per search: 200 of 700
- Competitor keywords per search: 25
- SERP lookups per day: 100
- Tracked keywords daily: 200
- Backlink rows per day: 2000
- Site lookups per day: 20 (you can analyze up to 20 URLs in SiteProfiler every 24 hours)
- Simultaneous logins: Not provided
2. Mangools Premium: This is a highly recommended plan from Mangools which is useful for SEO enthusiasts as well as most bloggers. This plan costs you $39.90 per month (and $478.80 billed upon purchase) where you’ll get the following features.
- Keyword lookups per day: 500 (you can perform up to 500 keyword searches within 24 hours using KWFinder)
- Keyword suggestions per search: 700 of 700
- Competitor keywords per search: Unlimited
- SERP lookups per day: 500
- Tracked keywords daily: 700
- Backlink rows per day: 7000
- Site lookups per day: 70 (you can analyze up to 70 URLs in SiteProfiler every 24 hours)
- Simultaneous logins: 3 (that means, up to 3 devices can be logged in at the same time)
3. Mangools Agency: If you’re running a team or agency, this plan is great for you which costs you $79.90 per month ($958.80 billed upon purchase) and you’ll get the following limits.
- Keyword lookups per day: 1200 (you can perform up to 1200 keyword searches within 24 hours using KWFinder)
- Keyword suggestions per search: 700 of 700
- Competitor keywords per search: Unlimited
- SERP lookups per day: 1200
- Tracked keywords daily: 1500
- Backlink rows per day: 15,000
- Site lookups per day: 150 (you can analyze up to 150 URLs in SiteProfiler every 24 hours)
- Simultaneous logins: 10 (that means, up to 10 devices can be logged in at the same time)
Click Here to Try KWFinder Free for 10-Days (No credit card needed!)
Quick tip: Go with their annual pricing plans so you can get a 40% discount. You can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel the service any time you want.
KWFinder Pros & Cons
Here’s a list of some of the pros and cons of using KWFinder.
- Finding low difficulty keywords is extremely easy with KWFinder
- Their search data including search volume and KD (keyword difficulty) is better than most of the other premium tools
- Extremely affordable pricing plans as their pricing starts at just around $29/month
- You’ll get access to 4 more tools apart from KWFinder when you’ve an account with Mangools tools
- You can also discover what your competitors rank for by entering a domain
- It also shows you historical data
- It offers a huge keyword database of 2.5+ billion keywords
- Limits: KWFinder doesn’t provide you unlimited keyword searches per day. Even with their most expensive plan which is Mangools Agency, you can perform up to 1200 keyword searches within 24 hours using KWFinder. Although these limits are refreshed every 24 hours but still it’s NOT an ideal choice for heavy users.
What others are saying about KWFinder?
KWFinder is a widely popular keyword research tool in the SEO community and here’s what others are saying about it.
It has been featured on many authority sites where it got excellent reviews from the authors.
It is also used by big brands such as Deloitte, Alexa, Adidas.
Do you also want to try KWFinder? Use the following link for a free trial.
Try KWFinder free for 10-Days (No credit card required!)
Top 3 Alternatives to KWfinder
Wait… it’s not over until we provide you a few more alternatives to KWFinder so you can pick the RIGHT one that fits your budget or keyword research needs.
So here are our top 3 picks that are great KWFinder alternatives.
1. Keyword Magic Tool from SEMrush
Keyword Magic Tool from SEMrush is an extremely easy to use tool for finding thousands of keywords in any niche. Did you know that it gives you access to over 18.8 billion keywords? SEMrush probably has the world’s biggest keyword database. For most of the popular keyword terms, you’ll get unlimited keyword ideas.
Yes, you’ll get access to millions of keywords and you can also use various keyword filters for keyword research including;
- Search volume
- Keyword difficulty
- Keyword SERP features
- Cost per click (CPC)
For instance, when you search for a keyword phrase like “WordPress plugins”, you’ll get huge keyword information from Keyword Magic Tool.
Have a look;
As you can see above, you’ll find plenty of keyword data including;
- All keyword ideas (gives you over 100,000 keywords for our example keyword)
- Question-based keywords
- Broad match keywords
- Phrase match keywords
- Related keywords
- Exact match keywords
Along with that, you can also sort your keyword suggestions by using;
- Search volume
- KD % (keyword difficulty)
The best part about using Keyword Magic Tool from SEMrush is that it will suggest keywords semantically related to your initial search and sort all the keyword ideas into groups by search topic.
That’s how you can instantly discover the RIGHT keywords to boost your overall search traffic and sales.
If you’re looking for unlimited keyword ideas, Keyword Magic Tool from SEMrush is the perfect choice for you. You can use the following link to grab their Pro account free for next 30 days.
Grab 30 day SEMrush free trial (worth $99.95)
How much does it cost?
SEMrush is expensive when compared to KWFinder from Mangools but it also provides you over 40 SEO tools ranging from keyword research to site audits to competitor analysis. It currently offers 3 pricing plans which are listed below.
- Pro plan costs you $99.95 monthly (suitable for freelancers, startups and in-house marketers)
- Guru plan costs you $199.95 monthly (suitable for small businesses and growing marketing agencies)
- Business plan costs you $399.95 monthly (suitable for agencies, eCommerce projects and large businesses)
If you’re not happy with SEMrush, you can avail of their “7-Day Money-Back Guarantee” on any SEMrush subscription. You can simply send them a refund request via email@example.com
2. Keywords Explorer from Ahrefs
Keyword Explorer from Ahrefs is another most popular keyword research tool in the SEO community. According to Ahrefs, Keywords Explorer runs on the world’s largest third-party database of search queries.
In fact, they have a huge database of more than 7 billion keywords which is updated every single month. So you’ll be getting access to thousands of keyword suggestions for most of the search terms.
Here’s how their interface looks like when you enter a keyword on their Keyword Explorer tool.
As you can see above, Ahrefs keywords explorer gives you so many filters including;
- KD (Keyword difficulty)
- Clicks (this is an amazing filter and Ahrefs is the only tool that shows the estimated number of clicks for your keywords)
- CPC value and so on
You can also filter out your keyword ideas in many ways including;
- Phrase match keywords
- Having the same terms keywords
- Also rank for keywords
- Search suggestions
- Newly discovered keywords
All in all, Keyword Explorer from Ahrefs is an ultimate keyword research tool that gives you so many unique features such as “Clicks” data which shows you the estimated clicks for your target keywords.
How much does it cost?
Ahrefs has 4 pricing plans which are mentioned below.
- Lite plan costs you $99 per month
- The standard plan costs $179 per month
- The Advanced plan costs $399 per month
- Agency plan costs $999 per month
Ahrefs doesn’t provide any free trials but you can use the following link to try their tool for 7 days by paying $7.
KeywordTool.io is a popular tool that is mostly used for finding long tail keywords. It mostly uses Google Autocomplete to help you with more keyword ideas and it also offers you a free version which is useful for beginners.
The best part about using Keyword Tool is that it generates keywords from different search engines including Google, YouTube, Amazon, Instagram, eBay, Play Store, Twitter and so on.
So if you’re looking for a tool to find better keywords in various platforms such as Google and YouTube or Amazon, the Keyword Tool is an exceptional choice for you.
Here’s how the data looks like;
As you can see above, you can switch to other platforms such as YouTube, Bing if you are looking to find better keywords only around those platforms.
You’ll also get keyword suggestions in other ways including Questions and Prepositions.
If you’re looking for 2x more keywords and other features like exact search volume data for all 192 countries, you should go with their Pro version. Their pro version includes the following keyword data;
- Search volume
How much does it cost?
KeywordTool Pro is available in 3 pricing plans.
- Pro Basic (which is priced at $69 per month when billed annually)
- Pro Plus (which is priced at $79 per month when billed annually)
- Pro Business (which is priced at $159 per month when billed annually)
If you’re just getting started with this tool, try their free version. Although it only gives you keyword suggestion (no search volume data or other metrics) but it’s a great way to get your hands on it.
FAQs About KWFinder & Other Mangools Tools
Here are some of the frequently asked questions around Mangools and KWFinder.
Is KWFinder good for beginners?
Yes, if you’re a beginner and looking to find hundreds of easy to rank keywords, KWFinder is the PERFECT keyword research tool for you. Not only is it affordable but it also offers you excellent keyword data (including accurate search volume and competitor keywords).
Can I purchase only KWFinder?
No, you can’t. KWFinder keyword research tool is a part of Mangools SEO tools and they don’t sell their tools separately. Mangools offers you 5 different SEO tools including KWFinder and their pricing plans start just at $29.90 per month.
Can I find my competitors’ keywords using KWFinder?
Of course yes. KWFinder offers you a functionality called “Search by Domain” where you can enter any of your competitors’ domain or URL to find all the best keywords they currently rank for.
Can I track my keyword rankings using Mangools tools?
Yes, Mangools offers you an amazing tool called SERPWatcher to help you with keyword rank tracking. You can track up to 1500 keyword rankings daily (depending on the plan you choose). It also sends you daily email alerts so you can easily analyse your keyword positions in Google search regularly.
Does Mangools offer any discount?
You can save 40% on their annual plans. That means, their Basic annual plan costs you just $29.90 per month ($49 per month if you pay monthly). So that’s 40% huge discount if you pay upfront for their annual plans. You may also find exclusive discounts on special days like Black Friday. You can visit this page to discover the latest deals and discounts on Mangools tools. Unfortunately there is currently no KWFinder promo code with us.
Does KWFinder offer a free trial?
Yes, you can create an account with Mangools tools to get a 10-day free trial where you can also use KWFinder for keyword research. If you’re looking for a free trial, you can use this link to try their tools FREE for 10 days (no credit card required!).
Do Mangools SEO tools offer a refund?
Yes, if you’re not happy with their tools or features, you can claim for a full refund within 2 days after signing up. They currently have a 48-hour refund policy.
Side note: For annual plans, they may provide a partial refund upon request. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat to claim your refund.
Final Thoughts On KWFinder Review
Although there are many alternatives to KWFinder but it comes at unbeatable pricing. Also, you’ll get access to four more amazing tools from Mangools which can help you with rank tracking, competitor research, and so on. One thing we like about KWFinder is that it offers accurate keyword data (including search volume and keyword difficulty).
So if you’re someone who is looking for an accurate tool for finding keywords, it’s a great tool for you. All in all, KWFinder is a great tool for finding hundreds of easy to rank keywords no matter what niche you are in.
So what do you think about KWFinder? Did you like our review of KWFinder? Do you have any more questions? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.