The best logistics software manages the product supply chain, controlling inventory, warehousing, packaging, and order fulfillment from their point of origin to their final destination.
These tools help business owners manage shipping and delivery by providing transportation, vehicle maintenance, smart driving routes, invoicing, and other 3PL services.
However, as an online business, there are a lot of logistics companies to choose from.
In this ultimate guide, I ranked and reviewed the best logistics software based on ease of use, inventory management features, pricing, support, and more.
Let’s get to the top 11 picks.
What is the Best Logistics Software?
Here are my top picks for the best logistics software to use this year.
Best for overall logistics operations (Quote-based).
Fretron is an end-to-end transportation management system that can help shippers, carriers, and vendors streamline and automate their logistics management. It enables you to manage your logistics with freight tracking, order & dispatch management, no-issue billing, and more.
Some of its primary features include:
- Order Planning & Dispatch Automation.
- Yard Management.
- 360-Degree Freight Visibility.
- Freight Billing Management & Settlement.
- End-to-end Logistics Optimization.
Features like automated dispatch and order management help you decrease logistics costs. Order management includes tracking vendors’ performance using KPIs, optimizing and loading dispatch with low TAT, and more. It also identifies bottlenecks to eliminate delays and enhance operational visibility with the help of real-time data.
You can also leverage Fretron to automate and optimize freight sourcing and load building. With instant e-POD, you can also reduce the confirmation time by up to zero and decrease TAT through constant monitoring.
- 360 Degree Freight Visibility – It provides you access to the real-time location of the freight. Plus, you can manage freight exceptions through real-time alerts.
- Invoice Automation – Generate and share invoices automatically, track the payments, and collect advance payments or deposits. The logistics software also helps you create customized invoices.
- Control Tower – It provides real-time tracking and monitoring of overall logistics through a single location. You can also set up a control tower cost-efficiently.
- It offers detailed reports and graphical dashboards to deliver insights into all logistical areas.
- Logistic orchestration for enhanced team productivity.
- Leverage rule-based automation for greater coverage and visibility.
- You can leverage self-service portals and partner mobile apps.
- It comes with an integrated chat tool that includes WhatsApp.
- Use the MIS dashboard to track performance reports, past track record, and more.
- Upload expenses or send purchase orders directly to vendors.
- The logistics tool helps in reducing the billing cycle by over 15 days.
- You can request a free demo.
Not provided by the vendor – get in touch with their sales team for quote-based plans.
Best for streamlining inventory management and invoicing ($395 per month).
Infoplus is a logistics and warehouse software that helps you streamline your warehouse, integrations, billing, reporting, and shipments. It offers a host of other features as a part of its logistics software package. For example, you can leverage inventory control, automation, inbound receiving, packing, shipping, custom scripts, user-defined reports, and more.
Infoplus also offers all types of Warehouse Operations like:
- Inbound Receiving
- Inventory Control
- Picking & Packing
- User-Defined Reports
- Smart Filters
- Complete API
- Custom Scripts
Plus, it offers integration and connection through channel partners, shipping partners, financial systems, EDI, and a completely open API.
You can also study all the relevant data through user-defined metrics, Infoplus builder, and leverage key alerts to track actionable data. It also offers round the clock phone and live chat support to assist you if you face any trouble with the software.
- Flexible Core – The flexible core and easy to use interface offers custom workflows, scalability, automation, and more.
- Portals and Access – You can assign permission-based roles and provide access to specific members. It also offers transparency and data to the management, teams, and 3PL customers via unlimited access.
- Infoplus World Connect – It offers extensive integration with business tools like Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and more.
- It lets you transcode and customize SKUs and data across order sources.
- You get integration with over 100 management and order channels.
- Infoplus comes with a built-in WMS Cloud Platform.
- Get total control over auditing the changes and life cycle of any items, order, shipment, records, and more.
- The software supports 1D, 2D Barcodes, Printing, Custom Documents, Scanning, Integration, and GS128.
- It offers integration with over 45 shopping carts for real-time orders, inventory, and monitoring of shipments.
Infoplus offers three plans, including:
- Infoplus Startup: $395 per month
- Infoplus Warehouse WMS: $695 per month
- Infoplus 3PL WMS: $895 per month
All the plans provide features like full WMS, inbound & purchasing, inventory control, custom reporting, real-time order, shipment tracking, etc. You also get a free demo for all the plans.
Best for dispatch management and digital paperwork ($24.99 per month).
FreightPath is a cloud-based logistics and transport management software for brokers, carriers, and 3PLs. It enables teams to work together and avoid miscommunication. Features like dispatch management and seamless communication also help you eliminate valuable time spent on redundant tasks like data entry.
The logistics tool provides a one-click customer portal that lets your clients track location, status, documents, etc. – with a single click. You can also track and trace your warehouse and shipments with its built-in transportation software.
FreightPath also helps with invoicing by assisting you in creating invoices, bills of lading, rate confirmations, etc. It also lets you upload and store documents and collect esignatures from a single dashboard.
Overall, the logistics management software provides solutions like:
- Track & trace
- Digital Paperwork
- Sharing & Collaboration Among Team-members and Clients
- Dispatch Management
- Reporting & Analytics
FreightPath’s visual driver scheduler app also eliminates the chances of booking a duplicate driver for a single task.
Besides, it provides built-in GPS fleet tracking that tells your clients precisely where the truck is. The software leverages LTE technology to help you track the entire shipment.
The mobile-friendly application helps you track everything from a smartphone without having to invest in a massive IT setup. You can also use its built-in Google address verification feature to always take the right routes.
- Simple Driver Workflow – It provides accurate routes and instructions to the driver. Plus, it enables them to report exceptions and delays manually to reduce risks.
- Real-Time Shipment Updates – You can provide real-time shipment updates to clients for more reliability and peace of mind.
- Digital Paperwork – Collect proof of delivery, eSignatures, report exceptions, and deliver instructions directly to the driver’s phone.
- Keep all the stakeholders in the loop with shared digital documents.
- Get real-time insights to identify and rectify issues on the go.
- Filter and customize analytics without coding.
- It leverages LTE technology to offer accurate GPS tracking with real-time location updates.
- Upload your logo and add your brand colors to make them appear everywhere in the app and emails.
- Track on-time performance and deliveries in real-time.
- Dispatch to the best option available instantly.
FreightPath offers three pricing plans:
- Essential: $24.99 per month
- Business: $49.99 per month
- Enterprise: $99.99 per month
The Essential plan helps you handle up to 100 shipments, while both the Business and Enterprise plans let you handle unlimited shipments. All plans help with dispatching loads to drivers or carriers, tracking status updates in real-time, automatically creating bills, etc.
4. Rose Rocket.
Best for automatic data synchronization with several business apps (Quote-based).
Rose Rocket is an open platform for logistics and TMS (Transport Management System). The logistics software helps you communicate with your clients and drivers with functions like Order Management, Dispatch, and Billing.
It enables you to enhance your transport management with integration-ready software systems. For instance, it provides ELD (Electronic Logging Devices) data integration into the workflows – which helps drivers track, manage, and share data while driving and during off-duty time. And you can easily integrate more such devices using self-service EDIs or RESTful API.
On top of that, it also offers data synchronization with apps like QuickBooks, Slack, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, etc. You can even augment your TMS with machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities.
You can also automatically upload times and documents from truck drivers. Additionally, it lets you and your clients trace and track shipment visibility through an online portal. The tool also sends email notifications regarding orders and conveys rates and tariffs through a separate portal.
Other functions include unified invoicing and billing, driver mobile app, real-time reporting & analytics, dispatching modules, and more.
- Self Service EDIs – Self Service EDIs helps you connect with customers and partners easily.
- Open APIs – Plug data or connect with systems without any technical complications.
- Webhooks – This feature helps in creating custom business processes and event-based triggers.
- Rose Rocket helps businesses connect driver cabins digitally to back-offices globally.
- The tool offers a chat feature with customers inside the TMS.
- It provides easy access to customer service and dispatch data, helping you collaborate with your team and clients.
- Connect directly with brokers and partner carriers.
- You get access to separate partners and shipper portals.
- Extensive integration with multiple third-party applications.
- You can book a free demo.
Get in touch with the vendor to access pricing plans.
Best for automated invoice workflow ($300 per month).
Logistically is a TMS and logistics software for 3PL’s, brokers, and shippers that help you manage and monitor freight while controlling costs. The cloud-based software provides a self-service and white-labeled customer portal.
It handles and provides services for a full order life cycle that includes shipping (sales), customer service, and accounting.
Some of its primary logistics services include:
- Billing and invoicing
- Load management
- Order management
- Shipment management
- Routing and scheduling
- Address book management
- Commodity management
- Multi-modal comparison quoting
- And more
It also offers a host of accounting features, including bill audit, automated invoice workflow, branded invoice for customers, carrier payment functions, and more. You can also leverage its flexible markup feature to unlock hidden revenue potential.
Plus, it offers an Advanced Lane History feature to help you keep track of carriers. Logistically also provides real-time monitoring and visibility to help you and your clients track their freights. You even get alerts and notifications in cases when shipping stray from the schedule.
Additionally, you get reporting and business intelligence (BI) with several reports that you can download any time you want. On top of that, you can also leverage its business analysts to provide custom BI assistance to your clients.
- Extensive Third-Party Integration – It offers custom integration with several third-party tools, including DAT, PC Miler, ProMiles, Faxing Service, SaferWatch, RMIS, Cargo Insurance, etc.
- API Carriers – Logistically offers dispatch, rating, tracking, and document retrieval for supported API carriers. It also provides an API suite for customers, back-office, and partner integration.
- White-Labeled – It provides white-labeled rate confirmations, emails, invoices, and more to help you meet your branding requirements.
- The tool offers integrated cargo insurance options at competitive prices.
- It enables you to compare your quotes through multiple models.
- It supports all types of transportation models.
- You can request bids from multiple partners and carriers.
- Fax important documents to customers and carriers straight from the TMS.
- Customer support via phone and email.
Pricing plans start at $300 per month. The pricing model includes unlimited users, customers, locations, business intelligence, API access, etc.
Best for geo-compliance and conducting business globally (Quote-based).
CargoWise is a logistics software that helps you execute all logistics transactions and manage your shipping operations in a single database. It enables businesses to manage global trade shifts, including regulation, rising tariffs, taxes, surging cargo volumes, margin pressures, etc. Plus, the logistics software helps you do all of that across multiple functions, users, offices, currencies, languages, and countries.
All the solutions by CargoWise include:
- Freight forwarding
- Electronic messaging
- Tracking & Events
- Asset-based and non-asset-based transport management
- Customer & Bonded warehouse integration
- Container and Air waybill automation
- Accounting & Human resource management
There’s a Web Tracker that lets you monitor and track the status of shipment and order. It also sends automated alerts and reports to your clients to help them stay abreast of their shipment process. The logistics software also lets you apply automatic multi-currency job charges using rates and tariffs already stored in the system.
You and your customers also get to trace and track the location and status of shipments, share data, and receive automated updates – all in real-time.
Additionally, the software helps with international transactions with automated accounting, including VAT/GST compliance and withholding tax.
- Global Reach & Geocompliance – It’s available in 30 languages and licensed in 160 countries to help you run a global logistics business. You also get real-time updates and the latest regulations to help you stay compliant and conduct business globally.
- CargoWise Forwarding – It helps you complete complex logistics transactions and manage freight operations through a single platform. It also provides data validation tools to ensure data quality and eliminate potential risks.
- CargoWise Warehouse – CargoWise allows a full audit trail to help you track and manage the movement of your goods and overall inventory.
- It minimizes inspections, fines, fees, and delays.
- Ensure information accuracy and better data quality with automated data entry.
- Consolidate and automate core business processes, including sales, accounting, HR, and more.
- It lets you send data electronically to key stakeholders.
- CargoWise offers on-the-road data in real-time for transport management and tracking.
- Leverage CargoWise eCommerce to manage the supply chain of online businesses.
- Automatically choose the most suitable parcel service for your business based on factors like price, delivery time, rules, etc.
You have to get in touch with the vendor for pricing details.
Best for centralized tracking (Quote-based).
FreightPOP is a cloud-based TMS and logistics software that helps you manage the entire shipping lifecycle and inbound and outbound transportation. It helps you ship, analyze, track, and audit shipments through a single dashboard.
Plus, it lets you identify the best rates from carriers and saves your time. FreightPOP also rates marketplaces for TL, LTL, ocean, parcel, and air and configures your current workflows, processes, and tech stack.
Features like tracking and custom reporting also come in handy in making data-driven decisions.
Some of its major solutions include:
- Warehouse Management
- Centralized Tracking
- Freight Rate Shopping (for quoting freight rates, shipment routings, etc.)
- Air/Ocean Shipping
- Print Labels, BOLs (Bills of Lading), Invoicing, etc.
- Freight Invoice Audit
With its across-modes rate shopping, FreightPOP claims to help you save up to 20% on costs and up to 15% on automated invoice auditing.
It also provides integrations with 300+ apps and your existing ERP, WMS, CRM, and inventory system. You can even connect all your carriers and marketplaces and customize FreightPOP to fit your business requirements.
- Monitoring & Reporting – FreightPOP provides custom reports and lets you monitor your shipping process, from carriers to employees. You can also analyze your total expenditure across separate channels and check whether you’re billed correctly.
- Centralized Tracking – It lets you track shipments in real-time and filter your shipments based on Out-bound, In-bound, or a third-party shipment. You get red flag alerts if something untoward occurs while shipping.
- Print BOLs and Labels – Print Bills of Lading (BOL) and Shipping Labels for all FTL, LTL, and Intermodal carriers. You also get assistance with international documentation, including Customs Forms, Invoices, Packing Slips, and more.
- It offers both outbound and inbound cargo shipment management.
- You can easily break down shipment information and compare it with historical data.
- Instantly generate reports and share them with team members across the organization.
- Batch Shipping feature lets you process hundreds and thousands of shipments at once.
- You can also print international documentation, including Customs Forms, Packing Slips, Invoices, and more.
- It offers easy auditing solutions to help you conduct audits without the help of an auditor.
- You can request a free demo of the software.
FreightPOP offers four quote-based planes, namely Parcel only, Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. All the plans provide solutions for unlimited users, unlimited carriers, parcel shipments, and more.
8. Trimble TMS.
Best for real-time alerts that might impact your shipping time or route (Quote-based).
Trimble TMS helps all types of carrier companies (small, medium, and large) with features like real-time visibility and control of your logistics operations.
It lets you message and locate the driver and conduct a performance assessment. You can even manage safety norms, maintenance costs, compliance, and more. The logistics software also helps with the fleet’s performance tracking via vehicle management, central intelligence, vehicle and asset tracking, and custom reporting.
All in all, Trimble TMS provides solutions like:
- Transport Management
- Supply Chain Visibility
- Shipment Planning & Execution
- Streamlined Billing
- Fleet Management
- Vehicle Health & Maintenance
- Business Intelligence
Trimble TMS also offers customizable in-cab navigation. It provides GPS navigation with PC*MILER truck-specific routing for faster and safer delivery. You can also automate communication from pick-up to delivery throughout the supply chain.
Real-time exception alerts also help you determine possible glitches that might impact your routes, freight, or delivery time.
Additionally, it provides an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to manage compliance and safety without any paperwork. ELD also automates hours of service while enhancing driving efficiency and reducing violations.
- Vision Fuel Tax Reporting – Its fuel tax solution integrates ECM odometer readings, GPS, and fuel purchase data. This system eliminates the hassle of IFTA returns and compliance issues.
- ConnectedDriver Mobility App – PeopleNet ConnectedDriver app provides drivers access to all the details related to shipment instantly. They can also track metrics like drive time, duty time, hours gained, cycle time, etc. The app is available for free on both iOS and Android.
- Predictive Analytics – It leverages statistical tools to measure multiple variables, including idle rate, distance, load, vehicle age, and more. It also predicts fuel economy and the scheduled maintenance of the vehicle.
- Features like instant messaging and digital forms help drivers save time during the trip.
- It automates data-entry and provides you control over your financial processing.
- Use search capabilities and filters to track and access all the information readily.
- Drive utilization analytics helps you track the efficiency of drivers on roads.
- Combine fuel purchase info with a tank level database to detect fuel thefts.
- Exchange videos, photos, and documents easily through MyMedia.
Not provided by the vendor.
9. Wise Logistics.
Best for UK-based audiences (Quote-based).
Wise Logistics is a transport, commercial repair, and storage company based in Corby, Northamptonshire. It handles logistics, distribution, commercial vehicle repairs, maintenance, pallet distribution, warehousing, and general haulage. Wise can deliver your stock all across the country and keep you updated with every single movement of your cargo.
Wise Logistics also comes with a 50,000 square foot warehouse and a modern fleet to handle logistics. They assist with all types of logistics, including a single pallet, full trailer loads, storage, or complete logistics.
You also get emergency delivery options that can deliver up to 2 standard UK pallets of a maximum payload of 800kg. Plus, they can carry up to 26 standard UK pallets or 33 Euro pallets that weigh 28,500Kg with 44T articulated lorries.
Besides, they pick and pack stuff, parcel deliveries, devanning containers, full load movement, and more. You can also get assistance with HGV inspections, repairs, and testing.
Warehouse security is another bonus since they keep their warehouse secured to keep your cargo secure. They monitor their warehouse 24 hours with a monitored alarm system and 360-degree CCTV system. All their transport vehicles also come equipped with a camera system.
- Bespoke Warehouse Management – Wise control all the logistics operations, from container to delivery point. It also assists with devanning containers, pick and packing stock, parcel deliveries, full load movements, etc.
- Pallet Distribution – They provide all types of pallet distribution, including single-pallet distribution, multi-pallet distribution, or quarter and half pallet deliveries.
- Wise Fleet Maintenance keeps your full-service records to help you monitor your progress.
- They provide next day delivery or 2-3 days delivery.
Pricing is not available on their website.
10. Kuebix TMS.
Best for accessing carrier performance and shipment tracking (Quote-based).
Kuebix is a transport management system (TMS) based on the latest cloud technology with freight intelligence. The TMS platform provides solutions for supply chain, predictive analysis, control, and more. It also helps you with rating, tracking, and booking all freight.
All its major functions include:
- Creating and printing BOLs
- Tracking and tracing shipments
- Automating invoice audit
- Exception management
- Predictive analysis
Plus, it provides all modes of transport, including truck, air, rail, and ocean.
They offer EDI integrations and tariff uploads, so you get access to carrier rates and real-time information. You can even compare rates side-by-side to choose the best service and cost.
- Report & Analytics – Kuebix TMS provides reports to help you understand your freight expenditure details.
- Carrier Relationship Management – It lets you track all the daily tasks and schedules with carriers. This feature also helps you access carrier performance and hold them accountable.
- You can track your shipment 24/7 remotely.
- It lets you book shipments directly with the carrier without any middlemen.
- Kuebix lets you integrate with various ecommerce platforms, ERP, or warehousing systems that use EDI or open APIs.
Kuebix TMS comes with three pricing plans:
- Kuebix Free Shipper: Freemium plan
- Kuebix Business Pro: Quote-based plan with a 14-day free trial
- Kuebix Enterprise: Quote-based
All the plans come with features like spot shipments, tracking, archived shipment data, and more.
Best for mid to large-sized organizations (Quote-based).
UROUTE is a TMS software that connects all logistics participants. It helps you track your shipment with deep visibility, view your shipment location, and check its estimated arrival time. You can also track less than truckload (LTL) shipping, full truckload (TL) shipments – all in one place.
UROUTE provides a full suite of tools for solutions like:
- Carrier Management
- Appointment management
- Waterfall tendering
- Freight and cube optimization
- Shipment Scheduling
You can also access reports with metrics like cost comparison, trend analysis, financial evaluation, carrier KPI measurement, and more. Moreover, UROUTE’s performance reports come with factors like damages, tender acceptance, customer service, on-time pickups and deliveries, and more.
Detailed cost analysis with data like cost per mile, per handling unit, per round, per pound, etc., are also available.
Their schedule tool helps carriers to automatically schedule appointments. This scheduler also lets you eliminate and automate activities like calling or emailing carriers, asking them about your shipment.
UROUTE is suitable for mid-sized companies – although it provides a special VINS (Vendor Integrated Network Solutions) system for larger companies. This system lets vendors, suppliers, and carriers operate on a single platform and a shared labor environment.
- Bill Audit – It lets you keep track of all your bills electronically and audit off the original tender.
- Freight Optimization – It helps you identify and build the best possible routes for shipment and maximize cube and weight.
- Mobile Status Updates – UROUTE drivers can update their status directly on their smartphones and provide clients with real-time updates.
- It lets you add or remove carriers from your network based on your KPI’s.
- You can schedule shipments based on availability and capacity.
- It provides integration with various API solutions like Quickbooks, Oracle, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
- Fleet managers and drivers can communicate in real-time.
- You can track your shipment by entering a shipment number.
Not available on the official site. You would have to get in touch with the vendor for custom pricing.
One can define logistics as the management of the flow of goods between point A (the source) and point B (the consumption destination) to meet customer demand.
There are a lot of complex factors that influence logistical and supply chain management. It involves information and raw material flow, handling, production, packaging, transportation, and warehousing.
The task of logistic management has now become considerably easier with the advent of dedicated software. The tools that enable end-to-end management of the logistical pipeline for businesses are called logistical software.
Every business is different and has varying requirements and functions. As a result, the focal point of the software will vary. Some may require logistics companies mainly for packaging and transportation, while some may need warehousing and security services.
However, some features are indispensable in logistics software.
Those features include:
Anticipating customer demand beforehand is central to procuring raw materials and enabling timely production and delivery. Failure to meet proper forecasting can result in enormous losses for a company. Logistics platforms like Cargo Planning have an excellent forecasting module.
Material transportation usually has a lot at stake. Most of them are highly valuable products that involve a lot of prior investment. That’s why visibility and end-to-end order movement tracking are essential in most cases. Logistics software Fretron provides this feature, along with instant delivery validations.
Every business aims to grow bigger. At the same time, shuttling between logistics software can be cost-intensive. Therefore, it’s essential to go for a scalable logistical software that can grow along with your business the first time itself.
Fleet management is an essential arm of any logistical activity. In a growing business, proper management and tracking of your fleet can make a huge difference when it comes to compliance and operational efficiency. WebXpress is an excellent example of a tool that enables businesses to develop a competitive advantage in the market utilizing fleet management.
End-to-end logistical management involves a lot of paperwork, forms, permits, and licenses. A good logistical software like Infoplus takes care of the entire documentation and archiving process. You should also be able to access any vital document at a moment’s notice.
The world is moving towards automation. By utilizing skilled human labor in specialized departments and automating recurring tasks, businesses can save a lot of money and improve their bottom lines. Thus, choose a logistics software that automates and streamlines business processes and reduces operational costs.
While managing a logistics business, it’s essential to be able to monitor every operation from a centralized system. Tools like FreightPOP ensure companies can control and visualize the entirety of their logistical machinery, whether stationary or in transit.
There are a lot of other features that specific businesses can look for. Some of them are data restoration services, third party integrations with apps, freight forwarding, user-friendly dashboard, data warehousing, and more.
So, there you have it – my top picks for the best logistics software. These logistics platforms provide tools to assist with transportation, inventory, warehousing, invoicing, packaging, shipping, tracking, material-handling, security, and more.
That said, each tool has its own unique selling points, and your choice will depend on your specific business requirements.
Or, if you’re specifically looking for centralized tracking features, then you might like FreightPOP.
My overall top pick is Fretron for its multitude of solutions like invoice automation, order planning and dispatch automation, 360-degree freight visibility, and more.
In the end, your choice depends on your business and shipment requirements. Make sure to review all of these tools carefully before making your final choice.
Which one of these logistics platforms do you find most suitable for your business, and why? Let me know in the comments below.