Businesses are switching online to achieve their goals. For this, an online store is must need and now it’s become very easy with platforms like WordPress.
Making a full-fledged online store is very easy with the help of WordPress eCommerce plugins. Whether you are selling a physical product or digital SaaS product these plugins would help you out.
There are various aspects of an eCommerce store. From product listing to billing, you can integrate all the features with the help of these plugins.
So let’s get started.
20 Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins To Grow Your Business
To provide a better understanding, we have categorized all the plugins in different sections.
So let’s dive into the list.
Plugins To Create an Online Store
WooCommerce is a very popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. It helps you to build online stores and have various customization options.
Moreover, it is absolutely free to use and you can just install and start using it.
Key Features of WooCommerce
- Hundreds of themes and extensions to make a professional-looking online store.
- Sell physical products and ship to a customer or digital products that can be download or a combination of both.
- Built-in payment processing to take payments via Stripe, PayPal, and many more.
- Track stock levels, manage to ship, and inventory management of items.
- You can import and export products, update product information like name, description, sale price, offer price, and more using a CSV file.
- Send notifications or email to customers after they make a purchase a product or when their order is complete.
BigCommerce is another popular plugin to create an online store. You would get all the necessary features that you would ever need to make a beautiful eCommerce site.
Key Features Of BigCommerce
- Many storefront designs and visual page builder feature to help you awesome looking online store.
- Get blazing-fast speed give your store with Google Cloud Platform infrastructure and Google AMP.
- Various integrating with top marketplaces such as Amazon eBay, and Google Shopping.
- Accept orders from global users and accept payments in over 100+ currencies. It offers local payment methods with the built-in gateway of your choice.
- Built-in analytics feature to track orders, customer data, marketing efforts, and more.
- Integrate the billing system and email the invoice to customers after a successful purchase.
3. Easy Digital Downloads
If you want to sell digital products like eBooks, WordPress plugins, PDF file, etc. then Easy Digital Downloads would be best fits for you.
It comes with a bundle of features that makes it easy to sell digital products from your store. You have to purchase the plugin to use on your website.
Key Features Of Easy Digital Downloads
- Shopping cart options that contain Buy Now or Add to Cart buttons to choose from.
- Customer management system to maintain a separate record for each customer.
- Provide a flat rate or percentage-based discount codes. You can set minimum cart total or limit discount usage by count or user.
- It supports the industry’s most popular payment processors.
- Allows you to integrate email marketing software to build relationships with your customers and keep in touch with them after the purchase.
- The data reporting feature that allows you to view earnings by date range and category. You can export store data to CSV files for further uses.
- It has good support, documentation, tutorials, and forums.
- You can add more functionalities to your online store by adding various extensions.
4. Shopify [Not a WordPress Plugin]
Shopify is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms that allows you to create shopping websites. From building a visually rich website to attracting customers with discounts and offers, this lets you do it all these things one place without any hassle.
Although Shopify is not a plugin, it is an all in one solution to create and manage eCommerce site.
Key Features Of Shopify
- Allows you to sell digital and physical product.
- Beginner-friendly platform to create and manage eCommerce store with few clicks.
- Inventory management with product listing and selling
- 170+ themes to choose from
- Multiple payment integration and you can enable them with few clicks.
Plugins For Search Engines Optimization (SEO)
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugin having millions of active users. As you know search engine optimization is the practice of optimizing your website to appear on Google search results.
After making your site using the above plugins, now its time to optimize it for search engines. For this, we recommend you install the Yoast SEO plugin.
Key Features Of Yoast SEO
- Optimize for your targeted keywords or key phrases.
- You can add an SEO title, URL, and Meta description to show on the search engine result pages.
- Preview your page know how it would look like in search results.
- It analyzes the readability of a post you wrote and calculate the Flesh Reading Ease score.
- Automatically generate and submit your sitemap to various search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
- If you have done any modification to a page, then it also updates the search engines.
2. RankMath SEO
Rank Math is another growing SEO plugin having some unique features. You can use it instead of Yoast SEO as well.
It allows you to optimize your content with built-in suggestions. RankMath helps you get higher ranking by making your website SEO-friendly.
Key Features Of Rank Math SEO
- Clean and easy to use user interface that highlights important information about your posts and pages alongside the post itself.
- The automated Image SEO feature puts ALT and Title attributes to all your images automatically.
- Rank Math generates and submits search engine friendly XML Sitemaps for your website automatically. You can also customize it and include that matter to you.
- Product schema is one of the important features, especially for eCommerce sites. You can add the product name, description, top features, and other details to be then shown in the SERPs.
- It is also helpful for local SEO and shows in the local searches. Just enter your business details and it would add meta tags automatically.
- The built-in advanced redirection manager allows you to redirect a URL or cloak affiliate links.
Plugins To Speed Up Your ECommerce Website
Loading of the website is one of the important areas to consider and you should take care of it. Google has added website speed as a ranking factor.
Even a 1-second delay in website load time can cost conversion rates by 7%. If a website takes more than three seconds to load half of the mobile site visitors will leave a page.
1. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is another best plugin to speed up your eCommerce store. It one of the widely used premium plugin and also recommended by many experts.
This is very beginner-friendly and one can easily optimize a website in less time. WP Rocket costs $49 for a single site license.
Over time, your WordPress database will grow and slow down your website. It has database optimization features that remove unnecessary files.
Key Features Of WP Rocket
- The minification feature compresses the size of your site’s code by removing unnecessary content like whitespace, without changing the functionality of the website.
- Combine multiple CSS files into one and decrease the loading time.
- The Lazy Loading feature loads media files once it enters the visitor’s viewport.
- CDN integration is very easy and you can do it with few clicks.
2. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is a plugin helpful for increasing website performance and reducing load times. According to some stats, it helps to improve up to 10 times overall site performance.
Key Features Of W3 Total Cache
- Reduce page load time and improve in search engine result page rankings.
- Instant browser caching
- Minify HTML, minify CSS and minify JS files to load a page faster and save up to 80% bandwidth.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Caching of databases and objects provides fast loading pages.
Plugins To Grow Your Email List
OptinMonstor is one of the most powerful lead generation software. One of the unique features of this plugin is the exit intent pop up. It displays an opt-in form when a user about to leave your blog.
It tracks the sudden mouse moment and displays a popup having signup or opt-in form. It helps you to collect an email address from the visitors.
In addition to that, you would get sidebar, notification bar, and slide-in forms.
Key Features Of Optinmonster
- Exit intent technique to show the popup when a user about to leave your site
- Page-level popup triggering to tailor opt-in forms to page content
- Easy to use and straightforward customization options
- Built-in split testing functionality to tweak with various forms and improve conversions
- Detailed analytics to monitor performance
- Supports most email marketing software
2. Thrive Leads
ThriveLeads is a part of Thrive Themes and another best list building plugin. It has a simple drag-and-drop editor to create the perfect opt-in designs.
It has high targeting options to show offers to your visitors based on posts, categories, tags, and more.
Key Features Of Thrive Leads
- Drag and drop opt-in form builder
- Mobile-responsive forms
- Place opt-in forms anywhere in your blog using shortcodes
- Supports almost all email marketing software integration
- Users can automatically signup when leaving a comment on your blog with a simple checkbox
- Exit-intent popups
- Sign-ups through Facebook option (Facebook Connect)
- Allows you to add a video to your opt-in forms
- The content lock feature allows you to opt-in form inside your content. Once the user signup then the remaining content will be shown.
- Extensive library of conversion-optimized and professionally designed templates
- Split testing functionality
- Allows you to add an opt-in form tab to your Facebook page
Hustle is another free plugin to grow your email list. If you want to show popups or sliders to allow users to grow email list this plugin would be very helpful.
One of the biggest advantages of this plugin is its beginner friendliness. You can easily create awesome looking forms in seconds.
Key Features Of Hustle
- Easy to use and beginner-friendly
- Highly targeted display settings allow you to show opt-in forms in various behaviors and conditions
- Hustle provides easy integrates with all the popular email services like AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse, etc.
- Exit intent popup feature
- Googles ReCAPTCHA feature to protect your signup forms from spam
- Performance and conversion metrics
Plugins To Increase Your ECommerce Sales
The end goal of any eCommerce site should be sales rather than any other thing. The below plugins would help you to increase sales and make more money.
1. Advanced Coupons
Coupons are a great way to increase sales and drive more traffic to your eCommerce site. WooCommerce plugin comes with a basic coupon system that lacks advanced features.
Advanced Coupons is one of the best WordPress coupon plugins that comes bundled with many amazing features. It would extend your coupon feature and makes your store better.
Key Features Of Advanced Coupons
- Create “Buy One Get One” deals (BOGO Deals) with single products, groups of products
- Loyalty Program that allows you to reward your customers with certain points that can be redeemed for discounts later.
- Add cart condition and provide coupons when users buy above a certain limit.
- Schedule coupons so they’re only used when it meets a specific condition.
- The URL coupon feature allows users to apply coupons by visiting a URL. This is great if you want to give a special discount to email subscribers or social media followers.
Proovely is one of the advanced and special types of plugin that can boost your conversion. According to a study, 92% of people will trust a recommendation from a peer.
So the basic concept of social proof plugins is to show users that someone already purchased this product or service. It helps to build trust.
Key Features Of Proovely
- Add social proof to your eCommerce site
- Various widgets designs and customization
- Build trust and encourage visitors to buy something from your store
Yithemes claim themselves as the world’s leading WooCommerce plugin development company. You would get dozens of plugin to use in your online store.
Basically, you would get feature enhancement plugins to add a necessary feature to your WooCommerce site. They sell each plugin independently so you need to purchase one or many according to your need.
Key Features Of Yithemes
- Add request a quote a feature
- Sell gift cards in your store to increase sales
- Recover abandoned cart feature allow you to contact the user who has added products to the cart without completing the order
- Increase sales by showing a section to suggest some items usually bought together.
- Add a wishlist feature that allows your customers to create lists of selected products and can share them with family and friends.
- Add points and rewards feature
Plugins To Protect Your eCommerce Store
1. Sucuri Security
Sucuri is one of the famous WordPress security plugins to protect your site. It blocks various attacks before they even reach your server. So your site and users’ information would be safe.
Key Features Of Sucuri
- The security activity auditing feature always monitors to detect malicious attacks.
- Sucuri website firewall filters out bad traffic
- The remote malware scanning feature
- DNS level firewall with built-in CDN gives you a performance boost
2. Wordfence Security
Wordfence is the highest downloaded WordPress security plugin. Currently, it has more than 3 million-plus active installations.
Unlike other security plugins, Wordfence offers a user-friendly dashboard. It fights against spam, malware, bots, and other threats in real-time.
Key Features Of WordFence
- User-friendly dashboard to monitor various activities.
- Web Application Firewall feature identifies and blocks malicious traffic instantly.
- Real-time IP Blacklist features to blocks all requests from specific malicious IPs.
- Malware scanner checks themes and plugins, bad URLs, malicious redirects, and code injections.
- Checks your site for security threats and vulnerabilities and alerts you to any issues.
- Login Page CAPTCHA authentication to stop bots from logging in.
- Country blocking option to restrict spammers from specific geographic regions popular for cybercrime.
Plugins To Monitor Visitors
You need to monitor your website traffic to get a clear insight into traffic coming to your website. To track the traffic, you need to install Google Analytics on your website.
Integrating Google Analytics is easy with MonsterInsights. This plugin allows you to install Google Analytics on your website.
Another advantage of this plugin is that MonsterInsights shows Google Analytics Dashboard for your WordPress site. You don’t need to login to Google Analytics to check the traffic stats.
Key Features Of MonsterInsights
- Quick and easy to use setup
- Real-time stats inside your WordPress dashboard.
- ECommerce tracking feature
- Google AMP tracking
2. Site Kit by Google
Site Kit is the official WordPress plugin from Google to see website insights. It shows various insights directly on your WordPress dashboard.
You would get metrics and insights from different Google products. It includes
1. Google Search Console: It retrieves data from Google Search Console and shows how discovers and displays your pages in Google Search. You can also see which page is driving traffic and what query users used to search for your site.
2. Google Analytics: It shows how much traffic you are getting from different sources. You can also see the geographic location and visitors’ demographics of visitors.
3. Google Adsense: If you have placed display ads on your website, then you can see how much your site is earning. Although Google Adsense is not a good way to earn money through an eCommerce site.
4. Google Page Speed Insight: It shows you the loading speed of your website.
Other features include Google Tag Manager setup, A/B testing, etc. Basically, you would get many features in a single plugin.
Plugins For Payment Gateway
1. Mollie Mobile Payments
Mobile Payments plugin allows you to integrate multiple payment getaways to your WooCommerce website. It is easy to install and has ready-made templates for checkout.
Using this plugin you can set up your payment gateway with a few simple clicks.
Key Features Of Mollie Mobile Payments
- Accept payment from credit card users VISA, MasterCard, etc.
- International payment integration like PayPal
- Support for full and partial payment refunds
2. Razorpay For WooCommerce
RazorPay is a popular payment getaway to accept international payments. It allows you to accept credit cards, debit cards, net banking, digital wallets, and UPI (India) payments with the WooCommerce plugin.
The setup process is also very easy and one can integrate it with few clicks.
Key Features Of RazorPay
- Easily add payment getaways to your website.
- Create custom payment pages with automated receipts.
- 100+ Payment Modes
- Allows you to create subscription plans with automated reoccurring payments
So these are some of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins to grow your business. These plugins will help you to launch, manage, and grow your online store.